Friday, February 5, 2010

Doctor in the House

'Tis the season for germs, I guess, and they've been well represented at the Stockwell house of late. We've battled the stomach bug, a nasty cold, bronchiolitis, croup, and a good old ear infection. Luckily, my boys like to roll with the punches, and don't let any of these bugs keep them down. They are their usual ENERGETIC selves (in fact, a day of them lying on the couch might be a welcome change...).

I'm hoping that we've had our share of ills around these parts, and that these buggies leave us alone from here on out. I'm pretty sure we have nothing to fear now that Dr. Adam is here.
In addition to some doctor and urgent care visits this week, we also got to visit the boys' doctor for their well check-up. Despite the fact that neither of them is particularly "well" at the moment, they both got A pluses and were pronounced healthy and growing. Ethan continues to top the charts in both height and weight - at 36 1/2 lbs and almost 40 inches, he is in the 80th+ percentile in both measures. Adam, historically our little peanut, is catching up to his big brother. His budda belly (see above photo) has grown considerably, and he is now above average in height and weighs in at 25 1/2 lbs (close to 50th percentile). The boys seemed to enjoy being poked and prodded, for the most part. You would have thought they'd died and gone to heaven when the doctor asked them to run down the hall - it was quite a challenge reigning them back into the exam room after that fun. I was very happy that Daddy returned from his week in DC just in time to accompany us to the visit - these boys sure do know how to wreak havoc on a doctors' office.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Adam's belly -- so, so cute. I'm glad that Ben's home and that everyone is recovering and isn't too much worse for the wear.

Kate said...

I hope the germs are leaving your house for good for a while - January was a long month! Adam is so cute -that belly is just adorable. Enjoy the weekend!

Chrissy Racho said...

How adorable! I hope everyone is feeling better!