Anyway, the sun rose this morning, I kept sleeping for another couple hours, and everything was miraculously better. Sleep works wonders for a cranky spirit (and the opposite is true - I'm fairly certain that the irrational tears stemmed from the .5 hours of sleep I got the night before), as does seeing these faces and knowing I would get to spend the whole day with them.
Some long-awaited spring weather was the icing on the cake, and a little gardening, a run (in shorts!), and the first ice cream outing of the season made yesterday a forgettable memory.
Today was a terrific, wonderful, very good, not at all bad day.Oh, and I would be remiss not to mention my husband, who had his own version of a very bad day yesterday. Not only did he have to talk me off the ledge numerous times, but he was home dealing with the stomach bug (Adam's, not his), a dead mouse, and an unexpectedly full day of solo parenting. And he even let me sleep in this morning.
2 comments:
Glad your week ended on a better note Liz! Missed seeing you last night but we will get a date on the calendar soon! Hope everyone is healthy now!
Oof. Those days are tough because they are so out of your control. Those faces, though... so cute. And Ethan really IS tall. Wow. Happy spring.
Post a Comment