The Stockwells stormed Mayflower Hill again this past weekend, this time
for Ben's 15th reunion. For fear of repeating myself, I just reread
my post from two years ago, when we took the boys to
my 15th.
And indeed, I would have repeated myself. Visiting Colby always feels a
bit like coming home. I feel now just as I did two years ago - that
bringing my family back to Colby somehow closes the loop, completes the circle -
the one that began there almost FIFTY years ago when my parents first
set foot on the most beautiful campus I've ever laid eyes upon. A
circle that a small piece of me kinda sorta hopes will continue to grow
and encircle the
next generation. And while I'm sure the Colby
of today is very different from the Colby of fifteen years ago, which
was very different from the Colby of fifty years ago, it still feels
like home. To Colby I owe my marriage, my best friends in the world, my
career, and a big part of who I am. I will be forever grateful.
 |
| We had so much fun catching up with the Donovan/Densmores this weekend. This tree outside Cotter Union could not be passed by without a climb. |
 |
| A pre-Arboretum romp in the rugby field. We took the kids for a long walk through the Arboretum, a magnificent spot I am embarrassed to say I NEVER set foot in during my four years at Colby! |
 |
| Unlike at my reunion two years ago, we had absolutely perfect weather this time around. And we did another first that I can't believe we'd missed all these years - scaling Miller Library's clock tower! |
 |
| The views from the top were gorgeous. |
 |
| Although the height was a bit frightening with munchkins. |
 |
| The kids loved visiting the art museum, especially hunting for specific paintings. |
Thanks Colby! See you in 3 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment