I have always had success bribing Ethan with food. Some might say that this strategy leads to unhealthy relationships with food, but the kid has darn good eating habits so far (note Exhibit A below, where Ethan is passing up the "kid-friendly" ravioli for the plate of raw veggies) so I am going to go with it.

A snack buys me a few quiet minutes in the car, a moment of peace when I am trying to get dinner on the table, and at least an extra mile in the jogging stroller. I had not yet tried the food bribery technique with Adam, but decided to give it a go when I took him running Thursday evening. To date, Adam has been pretty content on my runs, and is blissfully quiet compared to an unnamed toddler (aka "The Trainer") who yells "Faster Mommy! Faster!" the whole time when he comes along. But I felt like a longer run and thought maybe a couple of teething biscuits would keep my little monkey happier longer. Exhibits B and C illustrate the errors in my thinking.


Any suggestions on how to clean dried teething biscuits off stroller straps? Baby and clothes are clean after much scrubbing and laundering.
2 comments:
mmmmhhh. yummy. a hose -- that's my suggestion. having been there many times myself, i think a hose and lots of soapy water is your best bet. works wonders on toddlers, strollers... just spray 'em off.
I second Melissa's comment - the hose. Works well for us on the car seat, stroller, and anything else that happens to get a snack on it!! Looks like he enjoyed himself thoroughly - and hopefully you enjoyed your run!
Post a Comment