Friday, September 18, 2009

I've Been Working on the Railroad

Ethan, Adam, and I took a ride on the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad today. I had no idea this treasure existed until I read about it on fellow Mainer Erin's blog, and I'm sure glad I did. As you can imagine, Ethan (who is all about anything with wheels and an engine) LOVED this attraction, and Adam seemed pretty entertained too. We packed a picnic lunch and had a whole car to ourselves as we ambled along the Portland coast. It was quite scenic, and we even got to stop and enjoy the view at one point.
Here Ethan is waiting to "drive" the big engine, which was a huge hit. And yes, he is wearing very short shorts. We are in a big dressing-ourselves stage, and despite Mommy's attempts to dress both boys in overalls this morning (yes, cliched, but how cute would that have been for the train pictures?), we ended up with short shorts, blue socks, and white sneakers. Oh well - I wasn't really able to get any prize-winning photos anyway. I was reminded that a field trip with two boys under three plus great photos to document is really too much to ask. I guess if I have to choose between a smooth day and some good pictures, I'll take the smooth day, and settle for this:

4 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like so much fun - I can only imagine how much Ethan loved that!!

Kate and Davis said...

it does look like fun- what a great way to spend the day. Has Ethan been watching a lot of Richard Simmons? :)

Melissa said...

Did Ethan steal JJ's short shorts? I knew those two had something in common...

Erin said...

oh yay!! I'm so glad you guys went:) I saw it roll on by the other day and thought about going again, but still haven't made it! Great to see you the other day and I'm looking forward to hanging out more!