All good things must come to an end, and with shorter days and colder nights upon us, our garden has slowed significantly over the past couple weeks. Soon it will be time to till the plants back into the earth and prepare for next year. Although I will be sad to say goodbye to daily fresh produce (I literally did not buy one vegetable from the beginning of July until this past Sunday), it will be nice to have my husband back. All joking aside, our garden was a huge success this year, and a lot of fun for our whole family. I promised the uber-proud farmer that I would report out stats at the end of the summer (yes, he kept a spreadsheet - you would not believe the things that are spreadsheet-ed in the Stockwell household), so here goes:
10 peppers
62 summer squash
66 zucchini
34 meals of beans (I am happy to report that Ben did not count each individual bean)
8 meals of beets
62 cucumbers
5 meals of chinese cabbage
3 delicata squash
9 butternut squash (totaling over 55 lbs!), with more growing on the vines
317 tomatoes
1,099 cherry tomatoes
And because pictures of dying gardens aren't that pretty to look at, some pictures of our other little sprouts:
4 comments:
OK, I am in love with the fact that you have a spreadsheet of the veggies!!
I can believe what gets spreadsheeted in your house because it's probably similar to our house. Nice work by Farmer Ben, though! I do, however, vote Ethan and Adam the cream of the crop.
Impressive!
I'm shocked that Ben didn't count every bean. In fact, I bet he did but just didn't tell you because he was embarrassed.
Post a Comment