Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our Little Heroes

Rescue vehicles are big in our house these days. Just this evening during dinner, sirens began in the distance. Both boys immediately stopped dead in their tracks. Mouths open, spoons frozen in mid-air, eyes wide, eyebrows lifted - they just stared at each other with excitement and glee. Then Ethan launched into some crazy-fast and very involved story about how it was not a single ambulance, firetruck, or police car, but actually all three descending on some sort of accident that required an ambulance to take hurt people to the hospital, a firetruck to extinguish the burning car, and a policeman to give "time outs". Adam responded by simply shouting "NO! Ambulance!". With all this interest in our local heros, you can imagine the boys' excitement when we set this up in the basement playroom a couple of weeks ago:
This fantabulous hand-me-down had been sitting in our garage for months, and we finally decided to allow our firemen-in-training to put it to good use.
To say that the boys are enjoying their new toy would be a bit of an understatement. I am sure it will lose its appeal after awhile, but for now, it is the cause of constant begging to go play downstairs. And if all else fails, it is yet another thing for our little monkey to launch himself off of (or into, in this case).

3 comments:

Kate and Davis said...

What a great truck!! I am not sure if we'll be able to come over to your house - Oliver will NEVER leave!

Melissa said...

I want that truck!! I am laughing remembering our trip to the playground several weeks ago when Ethan heard the ambulance and told the whole story about it taking sick people to the hospital. God, I love these kids.

The Racho Family said...

Fabulous! And this post is clearly special to me! I have been scouting firetrucks for Charlotte and Eloise!