As one final hurrah for Adam's fourth birthday, we threw a "Jumpin' in Your Jammies Party" at our house on Sunday. I have to be honest - when I came up with this theme I was quite pleased with myself. Who is the biggest monkey around? Adam. Who likes living in his jammies more than Adam? No one. What's Adam's favorite activity? Jumping on the bed (or the furniture or the counter or anything really). So a little tribute to our monkey, complete with a bounce house and jammie-clad friends, seemed a most fitting way to celebrate. I have lots of party pictures to share, partly to remember all the little details down the road, but mostly for my family, who were sorely missed at the festivities. While we were jumping in our jammies in the sunshine, they were stuck dealing with a flooded basement, no power, and massive damage and destruction all around them in the wake of Superstorm Sandy. And we were thrilled Grandma and Grandpa were able to represent the grandparent contingent, but were so disappointed to find that we have no photographic evidence of their fantastic jammies. Maybe we'll do Christmas dinner in our pajamas this year...

 |
We picked this thing up Saturday afternoon and it provided entertainment all weekend long. I didn't want to bring it back. Ever. |
 |
| I went with a banana theme (and forgot to take pictures until the food was all gone). Banana french toast, monkey meat (sausages), and.... |
 |
| a make-your-own banana split bar (with yogurt instead of ice cream, since it was a brunch). This was a big hit. |

 |
| I continued the theme with a pinata bag decoration station filled with monkey stickers... |
 |
| and barrel of monkey party favors. |
 |
| And of course the cake. Also banana, with five little monkeys jumping on a bed (well four, and one tumbling off). |
 |
| The kids basically lived in the bounce house, which allowed for some welcome grown-up visiting time. |
 |
| Decorating pinata bags |
 |
| The pinata was also a big hit. What is it about kids and pinatas? |
 |
| We lucked out with amazing weather and did almost everything outside, including the cake. |
 |
Proof that it is impossible to get more than one kid to look in the same place at the same time. Hey, at least they stopped bouncing long enough to line up for the picture - I'll take it! |
Despite the somber expression, Adam had a blast at his party. He's still talking about this being his best birthday party ever, saying that he wants to have the EXACT same bounce house next year (and every year thereafter), and telling his mama he loves her for making him a cake with monkeys jumping off of it. I'm glad he had as much fun at his party as I had planning it.
1 comment:
What a great birthday party! So creative!
Post a Comment